Thursday, July 30, 2009

J 37 - Cow Face Pose #1

This is the completed painting of J37. I am really happy with it. I think it conveys the sense of light I was looking for as well as depth. The background trees are just barely suggested and I purposely left her body very rough in order to keep the focus on her face. The two photos below her are of two other stages in the painting that I took photos of.

Part of me wanted to keep fiddling with her but I told myself to put down the pastels and stop. she was finished and anymore mucking around would either have the potential of making a mud pie out of her face or of distracting from her face.

So here she is:
(J 37 - Cow Face Pose #1, 8x10, soft pastel)

(Stage 3)

( Stage 2)


2 comments:

Sonia said...

Another excellent work, Lori! Amazing!!

By the way, I changed the link to my blog some weeks ago, and that´s why my latest work don´t appear in the thumbnail of your blog´s list. My new link is http://sonhosdarteblog.blogspot.com/. Thanks! Hugs.

Glenda Mosher said...

She's a bovine beauty! I love your work with animals Lori!

 

yamaha rhino class action