Thursday, January 7, 2010

Valentine RAK for Seniors 1 & 2



I posted a challenge of sorts in the general stamping talk forum over at SCS.

The challenge was to make Valentine's and donate them to seniors' homes. Lots of seniors have no family and are forgotten by society and don't get cards or gifts unless the staff gets them for them. My grandmother is in a home right now and my grandfather spent the last years of his life in a home.
I challenged everyone to make 1000 cards between all of us.

Here are my first two designs. They represent a total of 20 cards for a grand total of 20 cards for the challenge so far.

Card Recipes:
Card #1
Rocco (Stampendous)
Valentine Cube (Sunshine Designs)
Be My Valentine sentiment (unknown)
Valentine Row (Michaels $1.50 stamp)
Swiss Dot CB folder
Dollar Store Ribbon
Watercolour pencils
Funflock
Card #2
Rocco (Stampendous)
Valentine Cube (Sunshine Designs)
Happy Valentines Day (Hero Arts)
Heart Stamp (CTMH)
Watercolour pencils
Stickles
Funflock
If you want to join the challenge leave a comment here and let me know how many cards you have made and a link to your card.

2 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Oh my gosh! These are off the hook cute! That little bowl on the raccoon's head & your stunning watercolouring. You're making me want to watercolour like MAD (and go buy those rocco raccoons too. PURE sweetness! Looks like I NEED to break out the wc pencils again!

And I love your challenge/idea of making cards for seniors homes. I've been wanting to get involved in our new community. That'd be a wonderful way to start. Thanks for the inspiration on so many levels! hugs, mel

Ellibelle said...

OMG Lori, this is just the cutest! Love your coloring!!

 

yamaha rhino class action